[Kea-users] Kea logging level

Thomas Andersen than at itu.dk
Mon Mar 7 19:00:03 UTC 2016

Hi Francis,

I do have several loggers, including the .packets :)

But no matter which logger i have tried using, I can only get the leases if I put it in DEBUG. And my concern with .leases, is that it seems “weird” that you get no entries when you log with INFO. Maybe it’s because i have a believe that no production systems should be in any kind of debug mode - although I’m aware that the system itself is not actual in debug mode but just logging debug messages. And I would also believe that almost everyone would be interested in the lease log per default in order to identify the mac address associated to an IP address.

The logger named kea-dhcp4 doesn’t log much when in INFO level. Mainly only startup info like subnet config and lease file load.

Br,
Thomas