[Kea-users] Hook subnet4_select callout modifying subnet ID

Bryan Perry bryan at sfcn.org
Thu May 12 17:13:01 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I am needing to modify the subnet ID for certain clients. It looks like
the best way to do this is in the subnet4_select hook callout, but I'm
not the most skilled C++ coder. Can anyone provide me with a quick
example of modifying the subnet ID? Even pseudo-code would be somewhat
helpful.

I do have a library compiled and loaded, and I can read the value of the
subnet ID this way:

Subnet4Ptr subnet4_ptr;
handle.getArgument("subnet4", subnet4_ptr);
SubnetID subnetId = subnet4_ptr->getID();

What I don't know is how to correctly set it to a different value.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Bryan