[Kea-users] option 82 based class for lease limits

John Ratliff jratliff at bluemarble.net
Sun Sep 25 00:38:29 UTC 2016

Can you limit the number of addresses a client is assigned based on option
82 (DHCP Relay Agent Information) circuit or remote ID?

I work for a small ISP that is considering using kea in place of isc-dhcp.
However, we need to limit our customers to a single lease per household.
Right now, we have a custom class in isc-dhcp which can do this.

class "Internet" {
    spawn with pick-first-value (option agent.circuit-id, option
agent.remote-id, circuit-id, remote-id);
    if (exists agent.remote-id) { set remote-id = option agent.remote-id; }
    if (exists agent.circuit-id) { set circuit-id = option
agent.circuit-id; }
    lease limit 1;
}

How could we do something similar using kea?

Thanks.

--John