[Kea-users] Kea doesn't respond DHCP4 requests on 2 interfaces simultaniously

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Thu Apr 6 10:13:17 UTC 2017

W dniu 06.04.2017 o 11:07, Kirill Vakhonev pisze:
> Hi All!
>
> I have the server running FreeBSD 11 and kea woks good with ethernet
> interface. But when I add the second wlan interface, kea only responds
> on it and doesn't on the ethernet interface.
What does Kea log exactly? Does it get a packet, starts processing it
and then fails to send a reply? Or does it not get any packets at all?
You may enable logging on debug level to find that out for sure.

In general, Kea should be able to figure out the subnet to interface
matching. But you can help Kea a bit there. You can also tell Kea
explicitly that a subnet is available via certain interface:

{
  "subnet": "192.168.2.0/29",
  "interface": "igb0",
},
{
  "subnet": "192.168.3.0/28",
  "interface": "wlan0",
}

If that doesn't help, please enable debug logging and send Kea's output
when packet is sent on igb0.

Tomek

p.s.
You can skip code, space and csv-format in option definitions, if you
want. Kea will figure out the code on its own if you provide correct
name and space and csv-format have default values.