[Kea-users] Execute script

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Sat Apr 15 04:40:32 UTC 2017

Marcin writes:
> In isc-dhcp-server we can execute scripts on 'event'.
> How can I achive this functonality in kea server?
> Kea supports hooks but I can't find how to execute own script on lease on
> release. I'd like to add ip:mac from dhcp to ipset.

=> yes hooks are the right solution: you have to write a hook for
the lease4_release hook point doing what you like (including calling
system()). Two notes:
 - hooks are synchronous, i.e., the server waits for the return
  (isc-dhcp-server too so it should not be a problem)
 - you can write hooks in other languages than C++
  (I pushed some monthes ago on github the fdxhook branch with
   experimental hooks in python, lua, ocaml, etc)

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>