[Kea-users] Configuring containerized kea / postgres

Steve Teusch steve.teusch at rtr.guru
Mon Aug 14 09:23:53 UTC 2017

It should just be the standard config entry for pgsql:

// 3. PostgreSQL backend. Leases will be stored in PostgreSQL database. Make
// sure it is up, running and properly initialized. See kea-admin documentation
// for details on how to initialize the database. The only strictly required
// parameters are type and name. If other parameters are not specified,
// Kea will assume the database is available on localhost, that user and
// password is not necessary to connect and that timeout is 5 seconds.
// Kea must be compiled with --with-dhcp-pgsql option to use this backend.
//  "lease-database": {
//      "type": "pgsql",
//      "name": "keatest",
//      "host": "localhost",
//      "port": 5432,
//      "user": "keatest",
//      "password": "secret1",
//      "connect-timeout": 3
//  },

Just change localhost to the IP of your database.