[Kea-users] free text parameter under each subnet

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Fri Aug 18 13:18:01 UTC 2017

One work around for this would be define a custom option:

"Dhcp4":
{
    :
  "option-def": [
        {
            "name": "newtextstring",
            "code": 222,
            "type": "string"
        } ]
   :
   :
   "subnet4": [{
        "subnet": "175.16.1.0/24",
        "pools": [ { "pool": "175.16.1.100 - 175.16.1.200" } ],
         "option-data": [
            {  "name": "newtextstring",  "data": "internal server pool" }
               :
            ]
        :

Maybe not that pretty but you could do it.  The option wouldn't get sent
to clients unless they asked for it.  The bigger question is what you
want to do with this value?

Regards,

Thomas Markwalder
ISC Software Engineering