[Kea-users] New Kea hook to call external scripts: kea-hook-runscript

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Tue Aug 29 15:29:05 UTC 2017

W dniu 24.08.2017 o 12:21, Baptiste Jonglez pisze:
> I have developed a generic hook that calls an external script at all hook
> points provided by Kea.  The goal is to simplify integration with Kea: for
> many simple use-cases, it is overkill to have to write a full-blown Kea
> hook, where a simple shell script can do the job.
>
> This could be useful for several use-cases, but we currently use it to
> add/remove routes in the kernel routing table when DHCP clients connect or
> disconnect.
>
> The code and documentation are here:
>
>   https://code.ffdn.org/zorun/kea-hook-runscript
>   https://github.com/zorun/kea-hook-runscript (mirror)
I always thought about writing this kind of hook, but never had time for
that and hoped someone would write it one day. And here you are. Great!

Thanks for writing it and sharing. I have not tested it yet, but the
code looks good at first glance.

One thing you should consider in the future is that if the script takes
a long time to execute, it will freeze whole Kea execution. You may add
a knob that lets the user pick - whether he wants to wait for the script
completion or not.

Thanks again,
Tomek