[Kea-users] Client Classification options and subnet options

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Thu Aug 31 07:43:18 UTC 2017

Jason Salmans writes:
> First, is it possible to add more than one client-class to a subnet so that
> several client-classes will get assigned to that IP pool?  If so, what is
> the correct format?

=> I think you miss the fact client-classes are used to do subnet
selection and not the opposite so when you specify a client-class in
a subnet this means this particular subnet can be selected only by
members of this class. Note that it means classification is done
before subnet selection.

> Second, can Option 55 parameter request order be used to test
> against to assign a client to a particular class?  If so, again I'm
> having difficulty finding the correct command/formatting I need to
> try.

=> in theory yes but I am afraid the corresponding classification
expression can be a bit hard to write.

> Third, is it possible to set per subnet lease times?

=> yes, valid-lifetime, renew-timer and rebind-timer are supported
parameters in DHCPv4 subnets.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>