[Kea-users] Kea hooks - Howto to retrieve option82 sub-option 1 and sub-option2

Alexander Silveröhrt Alexander.Silverohrt at itux.se
Thu Jan 5 08:26:41 UTC 2017

Hello,
We have our client identifiers in remote-id and circuit-id (and its not mac address)
I am trying to find a way in the hooks we are trying to write to extract remote-id and circuit-id from the options in the package but can't seem to find a way to reach a sub-option ?

Is there a way to extract sub-options from something like option82?
Similar to getOption for a option without sub-options?
OptionPtr option60 = query4_ptr->getOption(60);

Or do I have to take what will be in OptionPtr option82 = query4_ptr->getOption(82) and then extract it myself?

I am thinking there must be ready made variables created to retrieve for remote and circuit id like in old isc-dhcp
option agent.circuit-id
option agent.remote-id
Best regards
Alex

********* DISCLAIMER *********

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and may include proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person