[Kea-users] Help! Kea 1.1 sends unicast, breaks iPXE

Ledochowski, Roy roy.ledochowski at hpe.com
Thu Jan 5 20:46:36 UTC 2017

Hi Klaus

First, thank you for the reply.

I should have mentioned that my test VM is loading undionly.kpxe.  The iPXE developer’s list confirmed that the root problem is that Kea is using the client’s unicast MAC address in the DHCP offer instead of the broadcast address; iPXE rejects it.

Which exact file are you using for iPXE?  I can test it as well.

Thanks again
roy