[Kea-users] kea-dhcp6 option 18 and 37 logging

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Tue Jan 31 19:55:04 UTC 2017

W dniu 27.01.2017 o 15:11, Torbjörn Eklöv pisze:
> Hi list, I’m testing kea-dhcp6 with prefix delegation but I can’t get
> the server log the option 18 and 37. I can see both ia_na and ia_pd
> logged but not my options. What am i missing? It’s KEA 1.1 built with
> this option - ./configure --enable-logger-check --with-openssl
> --with-dhcp-mysql  --enable-debug
Those options are not typically logged. If you enable debug level 45 or
larger, then both incoming and outgoing packets are going to be logged.
That will include interface-id (18) and remote-id (37). Be aware that it
may be a lot of logs.

Another option you may consider is the forensic logging hook library
logs option 37 if present. See section 13.3.2
(https://jenkins.isc.org/job/Kea_doc/guide/kea-guide.html#idp1376099460).
It does not log interface-id (option 18), but it's a minor change. We
can add it quickly if a customer requests it.

If neither of those approaches work for you, you can develop your own
hook library that would print out those two specific options, along with
whatever extra information you need.

Hope that helps,
Tomek