[Kea-users] Option-82-based reservation with remote-id

Rui Pedro Caldeira rpcaldeira at outlook.com
Tue Jan 31 22:18:52 UTC 2017

Hey Tomek, thanks for the fast reply. Basically I have to use another DHCP server if this cannot be done.
Best regards,
Rui

<https://about.me/rpcaldeira?promo=email_sig&utm_source=email_sig&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=external_links>

[https://aboutme.imgix.net/background/users/r/p/c/rpcaldeira_outlook.com_1455023098_86.jpg?w=105&q=90&dpr=1&auto=format,redeye&rect=0,14,756,504]

Rui Pedro Caldeira
about.me/rpcaldeira

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 7:06 PM, Tomek Mrugalski <tomasz at isc.org<mailto:tomasz at isc.org>> wrote:
W dniu 31.01.2017 o 18:28, Rui Pedro Caldeira pisze:
> Hello, I'm using Kea 1.1.0 and i need to make reservations based in the
> both option-82 parameters, circuit-id and remote-id.

> I already know how to place the circuit id in the config file, but there
> is no place to place the remote id. Can anyone help me?
That's because reservations done by remote-id are not supported yet in
DHCPv4. In DHCPv6 you can try a trick - configure mac sources to use
remote-id. This will treat remote-id as MAC and then you can make a
reservation by hw-address (which would really be remote-id value). This
mechanism is available in DHCPv6 only.

Please let me know how badly you need this capability.

Tomek