[Kea-users] fe80::

Templin, Fred L Fred.L.Templin at boeing.com
Wed Jul 12 16:44:17 UTC 2017

Thanks Francis. I asked the question on the 6man list regarding whether fe80::
is indeed considered a subnet router anycast address and got two different
answers (yes and no) with no conclusions.

I know that when I assign the address fe80:: to a linux eth interface and then
ping6 to fe80:: from a different linux node, the ping6 succeeds and fe80:: is
used as the destination address of echo requests and the source address
of echo replies. But, last time I tried using fe80:: as the source address of
a DHCPv6 Solicit to the kea server it didn't work.

I will try again when I get a chance but just wanted to check to see if there
is some obvious restriction in kea.

Thanks - Fred