[Kea-users] Help with hooks

Bryan Seitz seitz at bsd-unix.net
Thu Jul 27 02:10:35 UTC 2017

Hello,

    I am trying to replicate something similar to what Facebook has done
with Kea hooks.  I'd like our back end to be the source of truth for all
client information.  If a record does not exist in the back end, no
address/lease should be given out.  I'd also like to cache this
information for a period of time either natively via storing leases
somewhere or via Memcached or something else. I currently have written a
hook that queries our source of truth via curl, parses the JSON
returned, and inserts this information into a C++ map.  This is where I
am lost.  I have no idea which call outs to hook into, what information
I need to replace, etc... Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated!