[Kea-users] Forcing a DHCP realease in Kea.

Joelson Vendramin jtvendramin at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jun 5 12:03:37 UTC 2017

Hello all,
Is there a way to force a DHCP_release from the command line in Kea?
I'm trying to implement an external mechanism (bash script) that monitors the "gone-away" clients and than releases immediatelly its IP (v4 & v6) addresses. I'm afraid that if my script write directly into the leases CSV file (I'm using memfiles), it would bring unexpected results to Kea while it's running.

I know that reducing the valid-lifetime is an option but it would increase too much the conversation between clients and DHCP server.

Thanks in advance,--Joelson Vendramin