[Kea-users] Hook library .so file location after install

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Tue Jun 27 16:49:58 UTC 2017

Gokulakrishnan Gopalakrishnan writes:
> I'm trying to install kea to a custom dir via ./configure --prefix=/opt/kea
> After doing make and make install, I'm not seeing libdhcp_user_chk.so (hook
> library) at /opt/kea/lib.

=> where did "make install" put it? (note you can launch make install twice
without problem)?

> I noticed libkea-hooks.so is present at /opt/kea/lib. is this equivalent of
> the user_chk lib?

=> no, libkea-hooks.so is the hooks library (src/lib/hooks).

> If not, what is the way to get the user_chk lib copied to
> /opt/kea/lib automatically?

=> "make install" should install it somewhere. I launch a distcheck
to see what happens...

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: in src/hooks/dhcp/user_chk/Makefile.am the libdhcp_user_chk.la entry
is in noinst_LTLIBRARIES so it is possible that by default the library
is not installed?