[Kea-users] Ask for help

何林 helin1170 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 13:26:01 UTC 2017

Hi, all!

I have installed kea dhcpv6 server in my Ubuntu 16.06 server. I use another
CentOS as a dhcpv6 client to request ipv6 address from the server. However,
I have some problems:

   1. When the client is in the same vlan with the server, it can obtain an
   ipv6 address. This part is completely right.
   2. When the client is in another vlan and a dhcpv6 relay is deployed and
   configured correctly, the client cannot obtain an ipv6 address.

But the server can receive the relay-forward messages.

I am considering whether the
​
kea
 dhcpv6 server discards the relay-forward
​
message
, because there is an interface-id option with value "0x05320002" which I
don't know how to identify in my config file
​ ​
(if important)
.
Can anyone give me an example config file (kea.conf) to address the problem?

Thanks!

--

Yours Sincerely,

Jiniroi