[Kea-users] [Kea 1.2] configuration - cannot end the last element of a list with a comma

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Tue May 9 08:15:23 UTC 2017

"Chaigneau, Nicolas" writes:
> I've noticed that Kea configuration parser is stricter now in Kea 1.2 (as com
> pared to 1.1.0).
>
> Now the last element of a list cannot be terminated with a comma.
> Is this on purpose ?

=> yes, according to the JSON standard (aka ECMA 404) it is forbidden
to put a comma ',' before a closing bracket ']' (cf Figure 3 -- array
at page 3 of the ECMA pdf).

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: as it is a bug in the 1.1.0 parser which needs to be fixed (in 1.3,
not backward) can you send this incorrect piece of config so I can
open a ticket with it?