[Kea-users] Vendor Encapsulated Options (option 43)

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Thu Nov 2 22:16:12 UTC 2017

"Sutherland, Rob" writes:
> I'm taking another stab at evaluating Kea (1.3.0) and am seeing an issue th=
> at I saw earlier with respect to Vendor Encapsulated Options (option 43).

=> the handling of this option was greatly improved in 1.3.0.
You should find what you need in the doc, if not please suggest
improvements.

> Q: How can I achieve this?
>
> Here's a snippet of my configuration:
>
>     "option-def": [
>         {
>             "name": "mitel-options",
>             "space": "vendor-encapsulated-options-space",
>             "code": 1,
>             "type": "string",
>             "space": "mitel"
>         }
>       "option-data": [
>       {
>           "name": "mitel-options",
>           "space": "mitel",
>           "data": "id:ipphone.mitel.com;sw_tftp=3D10.151.75.34;call_srv=3D1=
> 0.151.75.32"
>       },
>       {
>           "name": "vendor-encapsulated-options"
>       }
>     ]

=> this is the 1.2.0 style and of course it does not do what you need
because you don't use option 43 as a suboption space but to put
directly a value into (not very common but allowed by the RFC).

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>