[Kea-users] subnet scope DHCPv4 options in database?

Owen Dunn osd1000 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 10 15:27:12 UTC 2017

Hello.  I've been working on plumbing kea's postgres support to our
internal database so that kea is presented with read-only views for the
hosts and dhcp4_options tables.

However, it seems that subnet-scope options in the dhcp4_options table are
not processed.

I have my subnet (with id 29) defined in the config file, and kea is able
to give my client the correct reserved address.  However, the options for
that subnet in my dhcp4_options table are not passed on.  What am I doing
wrong?

maths=> \d dhcp.dhcp4_options
                View "dhcp.dhcp4_options"
       Column       |          Type          | Modifiers
-------------------+------------------------+-----------
  option_id         | bigint                 |
  code              | integer                |
  value             | bytea                  |
  formatted_value   | text                   |
  space             | character varying(128) |
  persistent        | boolean                |
  dhcp_client_class | character varying(128) |
  dhcp4_subnet_id   | integer                |
  host_id           | integer                |
  scope_id          | smallint               |

maths=> select * from dhcp.dhcp4_options where dhcp4_subnet_id=29;
  option_id | code | value |     formatted_value     | space | persistent | dhcp_client_class | dhcp4_subnet_id | host_id | scope_id
         12 |    3 |       | 10.16.0.251/32          | dhcp4 | f          |                   |              29 |         |        1
         25 |    1 |       | 255.255.255.0/32        | dhcp4 | f          |                   |              29 |         |        1
         47 |   15 |       | private.foo.cam.ac.uk   | dhcp4 | f          |                   |              29 |         |        1
         86 |    6 |       | 10.16.1.129             | dhcp4 | f          |                   |              29 |         |        1
(4 rows)

Thanks,

Owen