[Kea-users] limiting how many leases someone can get

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Thu Nov 16 02:39:11 UTC 2017

John Ratliff writes:
> I would like to replace ISC DHCP with kea. Currently, we're using
> classes to put a lease limit of 1 on each household. The class is
> created based on remote-id or circuit-id (option 82 information).
>
> Is it possible to do something similar with kea? I see that you can do a
> lease reservation based on circuit-id, but I didn't see anything about
> lease restrictions. It seems like the limits are based on MAC alone.

=> it is not supported by Kea and IMHO it will be hard to do without
a significant amount of new code (which BTW you can add with a hook).

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: I create a new ticket #5433 and added a reference to it in
the migration assistant (which of course translate it into a comment
so it does not help you).