[Kea-users] Kea LFC not executed anymore after some time (Kea 1.2.0)

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Fri Nov 17 11:17:30 UTC 2017

Nicolas,

I think we should start from checking if the issue doesn't stem from the
log rotation. If I understand correctly, you're rotating the log file
daily. Per your message below, things go weird after around 24 hours
since server startup. Is it possible to verify that rotating every 12h
would cause the issue to begin after 12h rather than 24h?

I can't see anything in the Kea code that could prevent periodic
execution of LFC, other than server reconfiguration. You're saying that
LFC is not executed because the lease files aren't modified. But, is
there any other log output present there? Perhaps the LFC is not
executed because of some trouble with logging being a result of log file
rotation? We should see if logging generally works fine after log file
rotation in the first place. Could you enable more verbose logging to
see if any log is produced when the LFC starting message is gone?

Marcin Siodelski
ISC