[Kea-users] Does anybody use Debian stretch as OS?

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Tue Nov 28 13:50:00 UTC 2017

Klaus Steden writes:
> --===============0727434584379108870==
>
> --94eb2c119656d9f39a055f03f4b4
>
> I've run into something like that building from source as well, did you
> file a bug with the Kea maintainers? They were pretty quick with a fix for
> my issue.
>
> cheers,
> Klaus
>
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 1:18 PM, Munroe Sollog <mus3 at lehigh.edu> wrote:
>
> > I just tried to build kea-1.3 on a fresh install of Debian Stretch.  I di=
> > run into a version issue with automake.  Stretch ships 1.15 instead of
> > 1.14.1 which is what is hardcoded in the Make file and configure file.  I
> > had to massage some values to get kea to compile.

=> it seems it is more an automake bug. Does an "autoreconf -i" fix it
or not?

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: it is convenient to distribute with configure and co, i.e., after
"autoreconf -i" was run. But it can introduce unwanted dependencies.
BTW perhaps it is enough to build distribs on a box where automake is
at least 1.15 (on my box "automake --version" return 1.15.1 which is
the last version)?