[Kea-users] Kea 1.1 End of support coming in December 2017

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Mon Oct 2 16:00:24 UTC 2017

Kea users,

Kea 1.1 was released just over a year ago, in September 2016, followed by Kea 1.2 in April 2017.  Kea 1.3 is in beta and is expected to final at the end of this month. We will be ending support for Kea 1.1 at the end of this year, December 2017, so that we can focus on Kea 1.4.  Our plans for software EOL are generally kept up to date on the software downloads page (https://www.isc.org/downloads/) if you are ever wondering what the schedle is.

This may seem like a frequent update cycle to some users who have DHCP they haven’t touched in years, but the last year has seen many broadly useful updates to Kea. Each release we do also includes the fixes for bugs you have reported. We encourage everyone running an older version to make a plan to update to 1.2 or 1.3 by the end of 2017.

Thank you!
Vicky

---------
Victoria Risk, Product Manager