[Kea-users] 1.3.0 beta not working with mysql

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Mon Oct 9 12:29:37 UTC 2017

Hi Bill:

Just following up with you.  I was able to build out a Centos 7 VM with
MariaDB.  Kea builds fine, the unit tests all pass (which include pretty
exhaustive testing of our supported backends).   kea-dhcp4 comes and
happily hands out leases with lifetimes of 604800 with no apparent
issues.   This was using the 1.3-beta code as is.   I even verified that
setting the wait_timeout to 30 * 86400 seems to work fine using the
mysql command line client.

I can't say why you saw what you did before.  Doesn't make much sense.
If you see it again let us know and we'll dig further.

Regards,

Thomas Markwalder
ISC Software Engineering