[Kea-users] Kea server problem with MariaDB server

Matija Turk mturk at ovis-software.com
Wed Oct 11 06:57:41 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I've seen the problem I'm having described in thread "1.3.0 beta not
working with mysql", but don't know how to reply to that thread.

I'm running Debian 8 and 9 and trying to setup Kea 1.2 and 1.3 to work with
Mysql/Maria. These are my observations, and I am able to do further tests
as necessary.

My config is working perfectly on Debian 9 with stock Kea 1.1 server and
mysql and mariadb servers. I'm using both host reserveations and leases in
mysql database.

Problem is only when I'm compiling 1.2 stable or 1.3 beta from source.
Error is the same as in beforementioned thread:

ERROR [kea-dhcp4.alloc-engine/46030] ALLOC_ENGINE_V4_ALLOC_ERROR [hwtype=1
5c:35:3b:3f:2a:51],
cid=[ff:3b:3f:2a:51:5c:35:3b:3f:2a:51], tid=0x364694e5: error during
attempt to allocate an IPv4 address:
unable to bind parameters for
<INSERT INTO lease4(address, hwaddr, client_id, valid_lifetime, expire,
subnet_id, fqdn_fwd, fqdn_rev, hostname, state) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,
?, ?, ?, ?)>, reason:  (error code 0)

The way to fix the problem is to install mysql-client and mysql-client-dev
library through package manager instead mariadb before compiling kea. When
this is done everything work even connecting to Mariadb and Mysql.

My real issue is that on Debian 9 there is no mysql client library anymore,
so it would be good to see why mariadb library is causing problems.

Also,

isc.lists.org gives NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

*Matija Turk*