[Kea-users] 1.3.0 beta not working with mysql

Bill Pye bill.pye at phoenix-systems.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 08:58:32 UTC 2017

Hi Thomas

A final follow-up on this problem. I couldn't, for the life of me, see any errors building the 1.3 beta in a 'normal' build environment so I did it again using mock and the log file from that had about four errors near the end about not being able to perform some function using dnf (the yum replacement). Those errors were correct, I had removed dnf from the server because it had been removed from the epel repo but bits of it still seem to have been installed. I managed to find a copy of dnf and reinstalled it then built kea using the mock environment again, it worked without errors and built correctly. The clincher for all of this is that my latest build of kea 1.3.0 beta works correctly using proxysql and my Percona cluster, it doesn't throw any errors and also allocates lease without problem.

Basically, all is well and everything works as it should. My lesson for myself is to use a clean build environment with mock in future.

Thanks again for your help and to all of the developers for this great new product, I look forward to seeing the HA solution later in the year - onward with some more testing. :)

Regards

Bill