[Kea-users] Dynamic options generation.

Marcin Jurczuk mjurczuk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 13:29:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm evaluating isc-dhcp replacement with kea and I've stumbled upon some configuration options that I don't know how to convert to kea format.
Many options in my ISC dhcp are generated "on the fly" from data retrieved from DHCP DISCOVER packets.
For example:
filename = ucase(concat(DEVICE_MODEL,"/",remote-id));
Where remote-id is device Mac address after some formatting and DEVICE_MODEL is value from one of fields from option-43
In effect devices is getting string like "MOTO234/001122AABBCC"

Is there a way to get same result it kea without writing hook library code ?