[Kea-users] Templates or Reference (kea 1.2.0)

Jason Lixfeld jason-kea at lixfeld.ca
Thu Sep 14 11:27:17 UTC 2017

Hi there,

Is there a way to create a template or reference whereby multiple subnets (or anything, really) could refer to some other part of the configuration for an option?

For example:

“dhcp4” : {
	“template:” [
		{
			“name”: “foo”,
			“boot-file-name”: “bar”
		}
	],
	“subnet4": [
		{
			“subnet”: “10.0.0.0/24”,
			“option-data”: [
				{
					“template": “foo”
				},
				{
					“boot-file-name”: "par"
				}
			]

		}
	]
}

In the example above, I have a subnet (assume in production there will be multiple subnets), and I wanted the subnet(s) to have a boot-file-name referenced centrally, unless there is a boot-file explicitly configured in the subnet, then it would use that one.

Thanks!