[Kea-users] Circuit-ID

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Wed Apr 18 15:55:40 UTC 2018

It is a common mistake with JSON: true is the true boolean,
"true" is a string holding 't', 'r', 'u' and 'e' characters.
When we switched to a flex/bison parser we constrainted JSON input to
follow the standard. For instance if you try True it will fail with
a message explaining there is only one spelling: true.
Note the parser is typed so when you put a string at the place of a
boolean it fails. More, keywords (e.g., "subnet4") are known and
recognized according to the context so most typing errors are caught
during parsing...

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: if you can a cryptic error message please signal it so we can
improve it.