[Kea-users] shared subnet advice

Joe Botha joe at swimgeek.com
Sun Aug 12 11:31:02 UTC 2018

Hi!

Please point me in the right direction. I've been playing
with a Kea 1.4 dhcp4 config related to Shared Subnets and
client-classes, but not having much joy.

I'd like to have two subnets, one with public IPs, one
with RFC1918 IPs.

Based on MAC address of the client, I'd like to handle 3
cases:

1) Some MAC addresses are unknown and should get RFC1918 IPs,
until they authenticate.

2) Some MAC addresses have fixed IP address reservations in
the public IP pool.

3) Some MAC addresses are known and should get a dynamic IP
from the public pool.

I need to prevent known MACs from getting RFC 1918 IPs.

What would be the best strategy to do the above?

--
Swimmingly,
 Joe

 www.swimgeek.com/blog  +27 82 562 6167  instagram.com/joe.swimgeek
        "...all progress depends on the unreasonable man."