[Kea-users] DHCP Classes Kea Configuration

Jordan Tinsley jtinsley at lrecok.coop
Thu Dec 6 02:16:21 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have the following sample class that I have been using with ISC DHCP to
filter and allow only certain devices using the first 3 octets of the MAC
Address.  Works perfectly fine and does the job.  I know that I could use a
much more efficient way like DHCP fingerprint, etc.  However, for the
current moment and being new to Kea, I would like to continue using classes
while I work to implement more efficient methods.

class "APPLE" {

        match if ( substring (hardware,1,3) = b0:19:c6 ) or

                ( substring (hardware,1,3) = d8:a2:5e ) or

                ( substring (hardware,1,3) = b8:c7:5d ) or

                ( substring (hardware,1,3) = 6c:70:9f ) or

                ( substring (hardware,1,3) = 88:1f:a1 );

How would I create this in Kea configuration?  If it is possible.

Thanks,

Jordan