[Kea-users] Subnet Addresses via Kea API?

Duane Wylie duane.wylie at eatel.com
Wed Jan 3 19:16:22 UTC 2018

I'm attempting to put together a process that would report DHCP pool utilization.  Per-subnet numbers are easy via the API:

"command": "statistic-get-all"

I get data in this format:

"subnet[152].total-addresses": [ [ 13, "2017-12-27 10:38:52.086719" ] ] }

But what I'm not finding is a way to derive the actual network information for the subnet (What is the network address? subnet mask? etc...)

For my deployment, the intention is to manually number all subnets in my kea-dhcp4.conf file, but in a broader sense it is legitimate to not do so, and have Kea number them automatically on startup.  In the automatic ID assignment scenario, how could I programmatically discover the ID-to-subnet assignments?

Is anyone else willing to share how they are monitoring their Kea pool usage?

Duane Wylie