[Kea-users] allow only the IP specified by circuit-id?

Tim Howe tim.h at bendtel.com
Tue Jan 9 00:46:53 UTC 2018

On Tue, 09 Jan 2018 00:37:03 +0000
Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org> wrote:
> > [...]
> > 	How do I make Kea only ever hand out that IP for the
> > circuit-id?  Something with lease expiration maybe?
>
> => the simplest is to make a host reservation using the circuit-id as
> the identifier and specifying what IP address is (statically) assigned.

	Yeah, that's what I have done.  That's why I am confused:
Under reservations I have:
  {
    "circuit-id": "'3/2/1/1'",
    "ip-address": "x.x.171.10"
  }

	I got that IP the first time.  When I plugged in another
device, it seems to assign a new IP out of the general pool.  I assumed
it was because the lease was still valid.  I thought I might have to
set the lease time very low(?)  Or is there some way to say "No, ONLY
assign this IP given this circuit ID"?

--TimH