[Kea-users] kea http uefi boot

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Tue Jun 5 23:07:26 UTC 2018

Jorell F writes:
> What would be the kea config equivalent of the following dhcp config
>
> if option client-architecture = encode-int ( 16, 16 ) {
>      option vendor-class-identifier "HTTPClient";
>      filename "http://my.web.server/ipxe.efi";
> }

=> in general ISC DHCP if expression can't be translated but here
it is not the case: you can create a class using the translation of
the test argument of the if.
For the option I don't know the client-architecture one but you should
have its definition somewhere in the configuration.
"encode-int ( 16, 16 )" is a literal (0x0010).
option vendor-class-identifier "HTTPClient" is an option-data.
filename is boot-file-name in Kea.

BTW I'd like to keep this example for the Kea migration assistant
(when I'll add the code to translate this kind of if expressions)
so I'll need more about the client-architecture option.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>