[Kea-users] User classification and DHCP-Option assignment

dhairav mehta dhairav007 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:04:46 UTC 2018

We were looking at assigning different DHCP-OPTIONS based on different MAC Addresses connected to the same subnet.

Eg. All MAC addresses starting from 7C:XX:XX:XX:XX should be given IP from the subnet 192.168.0.0/24 (Pool - 192.168.0.10 - 192.168.0.200)

And should be allocated DNS address of 192.168.0.254 and default gateway of 192.168.0.254 and all other users should get the IPs assigned from the SAME pool above but DNS address should be 192.168.0.253 & No default gateway should be assigned.

All testing and configuration was performed over Kea 1.3.0 stable (Locally compiled with MYSQL backend support)

We tried using Wildcards for reservations (Did not work.)

We also tried using client-classes, but it only works for multiple subnets. We need to use the same subnet across all IP assignments due to technical constraints.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.