[Kea-users] Kea-1.4.0-beta CentOS rpm

Bill Pye bill.pye at phoenix-systems.co.uk
Mon May 21 12:55:33 UTC 2018

Hi Rasmus

Thanks for providing this beta. :)

I've just installed this on a test server and I've hit a problem, when I start kea I'm seeing this message:

May 21 14:45:17 centosdev.phoenix-systems.uk.com kea-dhcp4[62043]: 2018-05-21 14:45:17.023 ERROR [kea-dhcp4.dhcp4/62043] DHCP4_INIT_FAIL failed to initialize Kea server: configuration error using file '/etc/kea/kea-dhcp4.conf': Unable to open database: unable to prepare MySQL statement <SELECT subnet_id, state, leases as state_count  FROM lease4_stat ORDER BY subnet_id, state>, reason: Table 'kea.lease4_stat' doesn't exist

I'm using a centos 7.5 server (up to date) with a Percona Server (the latest 5.7) for the lease info, if that makes any difference. First of all I tried to use an existing DB, it fails with the above error. I've also tried this with a clean install and a clean DB created manually and also initialized with "kea-admin lease-init" - it still failed with the same error.

Am I missing something obvious that might be causing this problem or should I file this as a bug?

Regards

Bill