[Kea-users] next-server-address in hooks for UEFI config servers

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Fri May 25 10:30:42 UTC 2018

Gokulakrishnan Gopalakrishnan writes:
> I'm trying to assign IPs to my servers using Kea 1.3.0. Some of my servers
> are UEFI configured ones and those are failing in getting IP.
> When I dig deep, I found out that setting "next-server": "192.168.1.1"
> manually in kea.conf works fine. I was setting next-server via hooks code
> (pasted below).

=> next-server is a BOOTP/DHCP field, not an option. Note some of these
fields have a corresponding option used for instance when the field
is too small (can't happen with an IPv4 address :-).

> // Add next server option to packet.
> opt = response->getOption(DHO_HOME_AGENT_ADDRS);

=> This option gives a list (vs one) of addresses of the Mobile IP
home agent. So it is something different (but if it makes the client
happy...).

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>