[Kea-users] kea-ctrl-agent not able to get information

mAineAc rob33_me at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 13:23:50 UTC 2018

I have configured kea dhcp and I am getting leases and I can see this is
working correctly. I can check the /usr/local/var/kea/kea-leases4.csv file
and see leases in that. I have been trying to use the kea-ctrl-agent web
interface to be able to view leases or even make changes as I can see that
there are a bunch of commands. I am not sure how to pass these commands to
the web interface. I browse to the age for the kea control agent port 8080
as it is set up to do and all I get is:

{ "result": 400, "text": "Bad Request" }

This is all I see on the page.

I can see that the hooks library gets loaded:

2018-05-27 09:13:50.037 INFO  [kea-dhcp4.lease_cmds_hooks/1789]
LEASE_CMDS_INIT_OK loading Lease Commands hooks library successful
2018-05-27 09:13:50.037 INFO  [kea-dhcp4.hooks/1789] HOOKS_LIBRARY_LOADED
hooks library /usr/local/lib/hooks/libdhcp_lease_cmds.so successfully loaded

But a few minutes later I get this message:

 2018-05-27 09:14:50.736 INFO  [kea-dhcp4.lease_cmds_hooks/1789]
LEASE_CMDS_DEINIT_OK unloading Lease Commands hooks library successful
2018-05-27 09:14:50.736 INFO  [kea-dhcp4.hooks/1789] HOOKS_LIBRARY_UNLOADED
hooks library /usr/local/lib/hooks/libdhcp_lease_cmds.so successfully
unloaded

Should this be unloading the library just after it is loaded? I am loading
the library in my kea control config as well as my ipv6 and ipv4 config. I
am also using the same ipv4 unix socket in my ipv4 config and my control
config and the same iwth the ipv6 unix socket.

I found a post that mentions this:

"I already implemented a web-frontend to the database (mysql) to show all
the leases and reservations."

But, I am not sure I have done this step and this may be where I am messing
up because I am not quite sure what is meant there and I did not see
anything that tells how to d this in the install instructions. I have gone
through the database instructions a couple of times.

mAineAc

--
Sent from: http://kea-users.7364.n8.nabble.com/