[Kea-users] Remote debugging in KEA

Hreiðar Jóelsson hreidar.joelsson at gagnaveita.is
Fri Nov 2 11:20:07 UTC 2018

Hi, can anyone help me or point me in the right direction regarding remote debugging and KEA. I'm developing a hook that queries external Redis database for lease policies and uses them to choose subnet and manipulate DHCP options for incoming requests. My problem is that Kea is crashing in the main process after a pass it a new DHCP option 6 so I need to be able to debug what is going on there. I'm trying to setup remote debug using gdbserver and Jetbrains Clion an I have manage to start a debugging session on my KEA server and connect to it from my development machine but KEA does not run. Any ideas on how this works?

Best Regards,
Hreiðar Jóelsson
Network Engineer