[Kea-users] Plans for kea on snapcraft?

Mohammed Khallaf mohammed.khallaf at nagwa.com
Tue Apr 9 04:33:09 UTC 2019

Hello,

I believe snap packages are designed like trendy DevOps and NodeJS thingies
that are thought of as containerisable, anti-admin, run-in-user-profile,
run-on-the-fly software tools.

This trend is ok for non-core software or services, but for core ones, I do
not believe there should be a need for them, unless for the extreme
deployments like in IoT swarms, for example.

I actually hate the fact the many software vendors/providers are switching
to an all-snap packaging!

Just thought to add.