[Kea-users] Results of Kea performance survey posted

Mike the.lists at mgm51.com
Tue Apr 9 15:59:46 UTC 2019

On 4/8/2019 2:58 PM, Victoria Risk wrote:
> As promised, here are the results of the survey we did last week on Kea
> performance.
>
> I kept the data tables in Survey Monkey, to avoid posting .pdfs to this
> list.  Go to this URL to see a summary of the results.
> https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-RWNVL7SFV/  Click on any blue
> links to see individual responses or comments.
>
> The responses were bi-modal; respondants had either less than 5 thousand
> end points, or 50 - 100,000 end points.  It turns out that the most
> interesting points are only seen by comparing the smaller and larger
> deployments, which unfortunately the canned Survey Monkey report above
> doesn’t do.

I didn't reply to the survey because Kea runs here on an OpenBSD box,
servicing a dozen or so clients.  It gives out three, maybe four, leases
per day with a 4-day lease time.

I would have skewed the survey results away from the intended Kea
audience.  :)

Because of the small network here, performance is not an issue.  I do
like the reliability of Kea, though.