[Kea-users] puppet & ldap to mysql

Klaus Steden klausfiend at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 07:00:31 UTC 2019

Hi Kristof,

We don't use Puppet, but we do use Salt to manage our Kea configurations.
Our usage is fairly tightly defined, however, as our scope definitions are
generated by an in-house IPAM application, so all the Salt state really
does is ensure the necessary software is in place and the configuration
files are kept up to date.

Not sure what kind of info you're looking for, but in our case, because
Salt supports data in YAML, we just generate subnet definitions in YAML and
they merge automagically into the existing configuration.

cheers,
Klaus