[Kea-users] Address reservation with IP address given by DNS

oyama oyama at nias.ac.jp
Fri Jan 4 04:13:08 UTC 2019

Hello,

I would like to assign IP address given by other domain name system (bind9)
in the address reservation mechanism, instead of writing IP address itself.
Probably description might look like:

 "reservations": [
        { "hw-address": "AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF,
           "hostname": "host1",
           "ip-address": "host1"
        }
 ]

where I expect host1 given to ip-address will be replaced by ip-address that
can be obtained by

 > host host1

command. If this is possible, I don't need to write the same IP
address in both bind and dhcp configuration files.
In isc-dhcp it was simply possible with folloing line:

 host host1 { hardware ethernet AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF; fixed-address host1; }

Can we do the same in kea-dhcp4?

best,
Ken

--