[Kea-users] Infinite lease

Laurent Aubert (laaubert) laaubert at cisco.com
Mon Jun 3 23:47:26 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am new to KEA and need to translate my current ISC configuration. I’m struggling with two specific aspects:

  1.  I wasn’t able to find any clear documentation describing the case where we must assign an infinite lease to an address.

With ISC, the config I used was :

default-lease-time -1;
max-lease-time -1;

what is the equivalent with KEA ?

  1.  I also need to provide DHCPv6 Option 17 to my IPv6 clients. The ISC config is the following one:

option space CG-Mesh code width 2 length width 2;
option CG-Mesh.FND code 1 = ip6-address;
option CG-Mesh.AppServer1 code 2 = ip6-address;
option vsio.CG-Mesh code 26484 = encapsulate CG-Mesh;

I went through the documentation and came up with the following KEA configuration:

"option-def": [
        {
            "name": "FND",
            "code": 1,
            "space": "vendor-opts-space",
            "type": "ipv6-address",
            "array": false,
            "encapsulate": ""
        },
        {
            "name": "AppServer1",
            "code": 2,
            "space": "vendor-opts-space",
            "type": "ipv6-address",
            "array": false,
            "encapsulate": ""
        }
    ]

"option-data": [
       {
            "name": "vendor-opts",
            "data": "26484"
       },
       {
           "name": "FND",
           "space": "vendor-opts-space",
           "data": "2001:db8:1::10"
       },
       {
           "name": "AppServer1",
           "space": "vendor-opts-space",
           "data": "2001:db8:2::10"
       }
   ]

Does it look OK or did I misunderstand the documentation ?

Thanks for your support.
Laurent.