[Kea-users] got unexpected keyword "control-socket" in DhcpDdns map.

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Thu Mar 7 10:19:20 UTC 2019

Hello Ivan,

Thanks for your inquiry. The bottom line is that the Management API is
not supported by the Kea D2 server in the 1.5.0 release.

It seems to be misleading on our web page (https://www.isc.org/kea/)
that the link to the Kea Administrator Reference leads to a bleeding
edge version of the manual, rather than to a version released with 1.5.0.

The 1.5.0 version of the manual can be found here:
https://ftp.isc.org/isc/kea/cur/doc/kea-guide.html

The version of the manual you were referring to contains the
documentation of the changes we have made after 1.5.0 release. Hence the
confusion.

The Management API for the D2 server will be available in the 1.6.0 release.

Marcin Siodelski
Sr. Software Engineer
ISC