[Kea-users] Kea 1.5.0 Where subnets stored when using subnet cmds hooks

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Mon May 6 13:00:14 UTC 2019

Hi,

Kea 1.5.0 has no mechanism to synchronize subnets across multiple
servers. When using HA and subnet_cmds you need to add the subnet to
both Kea instances respectively.

Kea 1.6.0 will introduce the Configuration Backend feature which will
allow for storing partial Kea configuration in the MySQL database. In
that case, you will be able to point both Kea instances at the same
database instance for configuration. After you add the subnet to the
database, both servers will automatically fetch this new subnet and
start using it. But, as I said, this is 1.6.0 release time frame...

Marcin Siodelski
DHCP Software Engineer,
ISC