[Kea-users] Host reservations, bootfilename and client classes

brna62petsto branimir at petricevi.ch
Tue May 7 14:14:33 UTC 2019

Hello Marcin,

Thanks for your reply. What mkangelo and I are trying to do is to replace
Microsoft DHCP server which has a feature to create host reservations with
two option 67 values which are served to the client based on the class
(type) of the client - for example return undionly.kpxe when client is pxe
return https://api.example.com/customurl/ when client is gpxe

Client class is extracted from DHCP Discover packets:
IF Option [77] == gPXE then second value is being returned
ELSEIF Option [60] == "PXEClient:Arch:00000:UNDI:002001" then first value is
returned

Let me know if you have any suggestions how to create this logic in Kea.

Regards,
Branimir

--
Sent from: http://kea-users.7364.n8.nabble.com/