[Kea-users] Lease allocation on option 82

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Sat May 25 08:05:46 UTC 2019

Suggest removing the HA portion first to confirm the ideal host lease
scheme is working correctly.

We are trying to change the Kea behaviour of lease allocations - being
based purely on source MAC address, to instead include source MAC + option
82 information. This syntax appears to be valid but testing has been mixed
in our limited experience, further debugging is needed but maybe this
approach would work for you too.

    "Dhcp4": {
        "match-client-id": true,
        "reservation-mode": "disabled",
                "library": "/usr/lib64/kea/hooks/libdhcp_flex_id.so",
                "parameters": {
                    "identifier-expression": "concat(relay4[1].hex,
hexstring(pkt4.mac, ':'))",
                    "replace-client-id": true

--Matt